Sunday, October 14, 2012

Yearning for the Holidays

Today I was craving for a Thanksgiving meal. Of course we are in the middle of October and Thanksgiving is only a month away. I figured if I actually cooked a traditional Thanksgiving dinner today it wouldn't feel as special when the actual holiday rolls around. So instead we had Thanksgiving Sandwiches.



We got some Oven Roasted Turkey Breast from the Deli at our local supermarket. We had them slice it nice and thick so it felt like leftover Thanksgiving turkey. We used Honey Whole Wheat bread, spread whole berry cranberry sauce on the bread. Then I layered a couple of turkey slices on the cranberry sauce. I topped that with stuffing and poured some gravy on that. I finished it by adding more cranberry sauce on the top piece of bread. It was warm and delicious. It was just a little bit of Thanksgiving in October.

Happy Holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment