Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving

Once again the holidays have snuck up on us. How is it that each year I hear myself saying, " I can't believe it's Thanksgiving already". This year has brought us so much to be thankful for. Starting with the birth of our first granddaughter, Mya Bella. She is beautiful and such a happy and calm baby. Her smile and little dimple just lights up our entire house. She is so small and so innocent yet she has had such a tremendous impact on each one of us.

Our sweet grandson turned two in October. He is quite the chatter box. He is full of wonder and adventure. He keeps us on our toes. He is always busy and on the go. He is loving and kind. When his baby sister came home he wasn't sure about her. He had some moments of jealousy. These days he loves his baby sister and kisses and hugs her constantly. He is protective of her and tells others she is" his" baby.

I am so thankful for my husband. He is a man that works extremely hard so that I can stay at home and raise our children. He has a tough job and has to deal with many unpleasantries. He gladly deals with all of them to grant us the opportunity to homeschool and go on many field trips. One of our favorite destinations is Disney World. There is so much opportunity for the children to learn about so many things in each of the parks.

I am so thankful for our home and our neighbors. We were blessed with buying a new home last year. We have also been blessed with having some wonderful neighbors. Our children all play so well together. It is so nice to see each and every day, all of the neighborhood kids running and climbing and long boarding, skateboarding, bicycle riding each day. Some of us moms have been getting together for coffee on Wednesday mornings and just sharing with one another. Getting to know each other. I feel really honored to live in such a great community.

I am thankful for my dad. He lives with us. He is always helping around the house. He spoils the kids a little too much! He takes their breakfast orders the night before and always makes them a hearty healthy breakfast. He does a lot of the honey do list around the house considering my husband works long hours. My dad really loves his grand kids and great grand kids so much.

I am so thankful for my children. My eldest child Josie, is married has two babies and has grown by leaps and bounds this year. She has learned to trust completely in God. One of the beautiful things of her journey is that her husband has joined her in loving and trusting the Lord completely. They are about to go on a new adventure to Arizona. God has opened every door for them to make this journey possible. We are going to miss them terribly but we are so happy that they get to experience this new chapter in their lives.

Our second oldest, Jevan, has decided to pursue mechanical engineering once he is done with his culinary degree. He is such a smart young man. I know he will do well in both of these fields. He has started to volunteer with his church youth group. Most kids leave the group once they graduate high school but he decided to become staff and keep worshiping with these kids and to be an example to his younger sister and brother. He is on a cruise to the Western Caribbean as we speak. I am going to miss him tomorrow on Thanksgiving but I know he is having fun and am grateful he gets the opportunity to travel.

My youngest two Jade (12) and Jaime (10), are working hard at being kids! They have so much zeal for life. They are so curious and not afraid of much. They have fallen in love with the sport of long boarding(thanks to my 19yr old son). On Saturdays they ride their boards to the Farmer's Market and enjoy what our community has to offer. Every day is a new adventure with them. We have been doing field trips lately. Recently we met up with our Disney Homeschool group for a photo scavenger hunt. Fun was had by all and we learned so much. We were playing detectives that day and deciphering the pictures.

Thank you God for giving us so much to be thankful for. I am most thankful for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I am thankful that He is my God and I am His child. I am thankful for the freedom I have in Him. From our home to yours, Happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your family, your loved ones, your community, friends and neighbors.




No comments:

Post a Comment