Thursday, July 12, 2012

Happy Thursday. I hope that at some point today you can take a minute and breathe deep. Go outdoors. Look at all the beautiful things God created in this world just for you. No matter how hard things get, there is always something to be thankful for. Even if it's just feeling the warmth of the sun on your skin or feeling a warm summer breeze.

July brings so many changes to our family. For starters tomorrow my husband and I celebrate twenty (20!) years of marriage. It has been quite a journey thus far. It has been hard, sad, wonderful, easy, amazing. Marriage is by far the hardest journey I've been on. At the same time it has been the most rewarding. I have learned so much from my wonderful husband. It's funny how someone that is so very different from me, can bring out the best in me. He has taught me to take chances. He has taught me to relax. He has taught me that the grass is not always greener on the other side. Most of all he has taught me how to love unconditionally. If I could I would marry him all over again.

July also brings about an overhaul to our lives. The company my husband works for did some "restructuring" and there will be great financial changes for many in the company. My husband included. Our family is a one income family and I am so thankful that he still has a job. I know so many families out there have lost their income all together. I also know that God has always provided for us. We have never gone hungry. I believe in the power of prayer and in the promises God makes us in the Bible. At the same time I know that we have to do our part as well.

I am very big on educating myself every chance that I get. My new goal for education is how to live on less. I know there are so many websites that have so much amazing information on this subject. I have always tried to be frugal. I have always tried to be as "green" as I could be.  Now I need to do more than try. I need to make living "green" our new lifestyle. Part of me is excited. Part of me is scared. All of me is willing to learn. I'm not sure how my husband and the kids are going to handle this new lifestyle we are about to adapt to. I'm sure in time it will be their new normal. For now I need to read, learn, and apply. I will pass on all the helpful (and maybe the not so helpful) information I gather.  Here's to new beginnings.

No comments:

Post a Comment